Wednesday, August 27, 2008

HE MIGHT JUST BE SATAN. NO REALLY.


Let's get this straight right off the bat. I LOVE SWAG! If it's free, it's mine. I'm not even shy about it.

So, I go to the 7am delegates meeting (7am! Yes folks, Derek is working for your money.) and I get there late (ok, I'm working, but time isn't my strongest category.). I decide to stand in the back of the room near a closet with no doors. I notice there's swag bags above my head. "I beseech thee Satan stay away", I say to myself but the pull is way too strong. I start grabbing one of each type of bag. Finally, I notice that there are some really cool red, white and blue bags. I grab one and throw it in my stash spot. Never think about again.

After our big delegate group photo I gather my ill gotten gains and skeedaddle out because the roll call has been moved to three and I plan on being there!

As I sit down on the train to head back to my hosts house I look at the cool bag. It's from Shelley Berkley! I love Shelly Berkley! LONG TIME! It's got all sort of really useful stuff in it. I'm way happy. I noticed it had a zipper, so, I decide to zip it up. When I start to zip it up I notice it has a Barack Obama button on it. Well, I don't want to make like I can't handle a button so, no big deal.

Ok, here's the freaky part. I had picked the bag by reaching up behind my head and grabbing the bag in the middle backwards without looking at it.

THE FREAKIN' BUTTON HAD MY NAME ON IT! I SWEAR! SEE THE PIC!

HOLY BARACK OBAMA BATMAN!

I had seen people earlier with these buttons and thought they had already jumped on board like mucho quick but, whatever. I know the party had obviously had these made in anticipation of Hillary asking us to support Obama (we'll touch on the subject of things just happening organically later. Btw, they don't.) but the scary thing here is that I never even looked at the bag when I grabbed it!

Now, of course I don't think that Obama is the anti-christ. Having said that, it's just plain weird.

The power of Obama.

If I start walking around chanting Obama! Obama! Somebody please tell my mom I love her.

Oh. There's a knock at the door.

Bye?

No comments: